- UNE CLUB REGULATIONS – outlines the regulations that recognised UNE Clubs must adhere to.
- APPLICATION TO FORM A CLUB – to become a recognised UNE Tier 1 club, complete this form and acknowledge the UNE Club Regulations, then return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- TREASURER’S GUIDE – generally, the role of Treasurer is one of the most important roles in any club. Hit the link and make sure you’re across everything you need to know. Alternatively, you can download a PDF here.
- CASHBOOK TEMPLATE – Treasurers, download it. Become best friends and visit it often.
- GUIDELINES AND TIPS FOR FUNDING – applying for SSAF funding? Make sure you’re across exactly what the SSAF is and how you should be spending it.
CLUBS SSAF FUNDING
Trimester 2, 2017
closes April 17
Trimester 3, 2017
closes September 1
Trimester 1, 2018
closes January 2
for enquiries in the interim or urgent funding request, please contact email@example.com
There are three funding rounds in 2017, however clubs should consider applying for any funds they may need early in 2018 (for orientation events, specifically) in the Trimester 3 round, to ensure that there is no delay.
When applying for funding, consider item 6 in the UNE Club Regulations that relate to funding and are listed below.
ACCOUNTS, FINANCE & FUNDING
- Where a Club or Society bank account is not managed by SportUNE, Clubs and Societies must be able to provide statements of financial position and reconciliation of accounts, upon request.
- To apply for funding through the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF), Clubs must be a recognised Tier 1 or Tier 2 Club.
- SSAF funding will be distributed through the Clubs and Societies committee acting as the SSAF Clubs and Societies Sub-Committee.
- Funding will not be used for the following purposes;
- Purchase of alcohol or other drugs
- Endorsement of a political POV or campaign
- Items that are ‘personal’ in nature and not transferrable to other members or, the Club or Society generally.
- Food or other consumables that only directly benefit individuals (ie. Small food items for study sessions).
- The financial position of the Club or Society, as well as their capacity to raise funds independently, will be a determining factor for all funding considerations.
- Clubs and Societies who have received funding are required to submit an Acquittal and Evaluation Form no more than 14 days after the completion of the activity for which funding was granted. Forms must include
- Receipts for all associated purchases
- Cashbook details of expenditure and income
- Details of any SSAF allocated funds not spent and deposit information for return of unused funds.
- Failure to provide an Acquittal and Evaluation Form will preclude a Club or Society from future funding opportunities.
- Travel Costs
- Travel costs for shall be funded for up to 50% of the expense, per Club or Society, per year.
- Speakers’ Fees
- Funding may be sought to reimburse the costs associated with professional speakers’ fees and their related expenses
- Speakers’ fees shall be funded up to a cap of $1000 per year or at 50% of the expense.
- Promotional merchandise which is intended for free distribution shall be funded to a cap of $500, per Club or Society, per year
- Merchandise intended for sale, and subsequent revenue raising, shall be funded to a cap of $1000, per Club or Society, per year
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the “UNE Clubs and Societies SSAF Funding Application” available HERE. We prefer that you type this into the PDF and electronically sign where possible.
- Upload the application below, along with any supporting documentation. You will need to list a few details once more to enable you to submit.