There are three services that operate to transport students to and from campus. The Academic Campus (Library) shuttle, the Bellevue Campus (College) shuttle, and the Intensive School shuttle.
During the official intensive school periods (refer to UNE's principal dates), we want to make your visit to the Armidale campus as stress-free as possible - after all you're here for to get in all those practical and face-to-face requirements of your degree, not worry about how you're going to get there.
With generous support from the Student Services & Amenities Fee, we're able to offer the below services to make your visit that little bit simpler.
AIRPORT/TRAIN STATION TRANSFERS
A free transfer service is being offered between the airport or train station and your accommodation. This is supported by the UNE Life Advocacy & Welfare team and we employ current students for this service, so they will be familiar with the student experience.
Please be aware:
- bookings are essential 24 hours in advance
- arrival transfers and departure transfers should be booked separately
How does this work?
Book your arrival or departure transfer via the button above.
Once confirmed, you will receive a notification from our system, and a member of UNE Life Advocacy & Welfare will be in touch to confirm details. For larger schools, this service may be in high demand and collection times will vary accordingly.
INTENSIVE SCHOOL SHUTTLE SERVICE
During intensive schools, the shuttle operates in the morning and in the afternoon/evening and loops the UNE campus, Armidale CBD, shops and hotels/motels.
- Morning service - commencing at 7am and 7.45am. This service stops at designated stops/hotels for an approximate 45 min round-trip starting from the UNE Directory Board and then proceeding SOUTH along Niagara Street/Miller Street before arriving at the first stop, ACACIA MOTOR INN.
- Evening Service - commencing from 4.30pm. This service runs until 10pm (with the last trip leaving UNE at approximately 9.15pm), leaving from the UNE NORTHERN CARPARK BUS STOP
To view the shuttle route on a computer ahead of your arrival, you may visit http://uneshuttle.doublemap.com/map/. You will need to activate the route in the menu. First-time users will need to select the correct route from the options menu and should activate both the morning and evening service for the duration of your stay in Armidale.
The shuttle itself is fitted with a tracker and the route and bus location can be viewed in real-time by downloading the UNE SAFE mobile application and selecting the third green tile, “UNE Safety Shuttle”.
ACADEMIC CAMPUS (LIBRARY) SHUTTLE SERVICE
During the trimester, Safety and Security's shuttle bus service picks up students from the Dixson Library, the Law Library and the Northern Carpark and transports them to the requested locations within the town boundaries.
Departure times are as follows:
Monday - Friday
- Departs Dixson Library at 7.00pm, 8.00pm, 9.00pm & 10.00pm
- Departs Law Library at 7.05pm, 8.05pm, 9.05pm & 10.05pm.
- Departs Northern Carpark at 7:10pm, 8:10pm, 9:10pm and 10:10pm
After 10pm, the service runs from the Academic Campus by request (phone 6773 2099) until dawn.
Saturday & Sunday
The service runs from the Academic Campus by request (phone 6773 2099) from dusk until dawn.
BELLEVUE CAMPUS (COLLEGE) SHUTTLE
SEE MAP BELOW
During the trimester, the College UNE Safety Shuttle is a service for students to travel to and from their college to reach essential services in the centre of Armidale. It operates Tuesday through to Saturday and departs Austin College, UNE, every half hour from 6pm.
Operating hours are as follows:
Tues, Wed, Thurs : 6pm - 12am - last return trip from town 11.45pm
Fri, Sat: 6pm - 2am - last return trip from town 1.45am
The Shuttle will stop at the below approved stops only
- Mary White College (on request)
- Austin/EPC bus stop
- St Albert's College
- Girraween Service Station
- Belgrave Cinema
- Hardman Automotive
- Grant McCarroll Service Centre
- Optus Shop (Beardy Street Mall)
- Armidale Hospital
- Girraween Service Station
- Wright Village (Eastern Car Park)
CONDITIONS OF TRAVEL
- The UNE shuttle services are for current University of New England (UNE) students only.
- Passengers must be able to produce their UNE student ID prior to boarding and may be asked to further produce it at any time.
- All passengers must remain seated at all times
- Where there is a defined route (college shuttle) the service will stop at designated and approved locations only
- Passengers must refrain from using offensive language or behaviour
- Passengers may not consume food or beverage on the UNE Safety Shuttle
- No Smoking is permitted on the UNE Safety Shuttle
- All parts and belongings of a passenger must remain inside the UNE Safety Shuttle at all times.
- Aggressive and threatening behaviour will result in a passenger being immediately expelled from the UNE Safety Shuttle.
- Instructions from Life Safety, Security & Information staff are to be adhered to at all times
Any breach of code of conduct will be reported to UNE’s Student Grievance Unit, and/or college heads, and/or college resident fellows, as appropriate, and may result in suspension of utilising this service for the person in breach.