There are three services that operate to transport students to and from campus. The Academic Campus (Library) shuttle, the Bellevue Campus (College) shuttle, and the Intensive School shuttle.
This is a new service, please bear with us whilst measure demand and try to meet your expectations.
In 2019, the Student Services & Amenities Fee has been re-introduced for online students and with this, has allowed UNE Life to be able to bring back not only airport and train station transfers, but an on-demand shuttle service that can assist students visiting the Armidale campus to travel around Armidale without needing to worry about bringing the car, or finding your buildings.
We want to make your visit to the Armidale campus as stress-free as possible - after all you're here for to get in all those practical and face-to-face requirements of your degree, not worry about how you're going to get there.
So what kind of things can you call the Intensive School Shuttle for? Well, if you're flying in to the Armidale airport or arriving by train, you might need someone to collect you and bring you to your accomodation. If you're staying on campus and need to pick up a few things from the supermarket? If you have dinner plans one night and would like to meet a few fellow students at a restaurant in town.
It's a service to get you from A to B, so you can focus on your intensive school.
If you have accessibility requirements, please get in touch with us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can arrange transportation for you 🙂
Airport & Accommodation transfers - please try and book in advance so that we can meet your expectations.
For all ad-hoc bookings whilst on campus, phone Safety & Security on
02 6773 2099
ACADEMIC CAMPUS (LIBRARY) SHUTTLE SERVICE
During the trimester, Safety and Security's shuttle bus service picks up students from the Dixson Library, the Law Library and the Northern Carpark and transports them to the requested locations within the town boundaries.
Departure times are as follows:
Monday - Friday
- Departs Dixson Library at 7.00pm, 8.00pm, 9.00pm & 10.00pm
- Departs Law Library at 7.05pm, 8.05pm, 9.05pm & 10.05pm.
- Departs Northern Carpark at 7:10pm, 8:10pm, 9:10pm and 10:10pm
After 10pm, the service runs from the Academic Campus by request (phone 6773 2099) until dawn.
Saturday & Sunday
The service runs from the Academic Campus by request (phone 6773 2099) from dusk until dawn.
BELLEVUE CAMPUS (COLLEGE) SHUTTLE
SEE MAP BELOW
The College UNE Safety Shuttle is a service for students to travel to and from their college to reach essential services in the centre of Armidale. It operates Tuesday through to Saturday and departs Austin College, UNE, every half hour from 6pm.
Operating hours are as follows:
Tues, Wed, Thurs : 6pm - 12am - last return trip from town 11.45pm
Fri, Sat: 6pm - 2am - last return trip from town 1.45am
The Shuttle will stop at the below approved stops only
- Mary White College (on request)
- Austin/EPC bus stop
- St Albert's College
- Girraween Service Station
- Belgrave Cinema
- Hardman Automotive
- Grant McCarroll Service Centre
- Optus Shop (Beardy Street Mall)
- Armidale Hospital
- Girraween Service Station
- Wright Village (Eastern Car Park)
CONDITIONS OF TRAVEL
- The UNE shuttle services are for current University of New England (UNE) students only.
- Passengers must be able to produce their UNE student ID prior to boarding and may be asked to further produce it at any time.
- All passengers must remain seated at all times
- Where there is a defined route (college shuttle) the service will stop at designated and approved locations only
- Passengers must refrain from using offensive language or behaviour
- Passengers may not consume food or beverage on the UNE Safety Shuttle
- No Smoking is permitted on the UNE Safety Shuttle
- All parts and belongings of a passenger must remain inside the UNE Safety Shuttle at all times.
- Aggressive and threatening behaviour will result in a passenger being immediately expelled from the UNE Safety Shuttle.
- Instructions from Life Safety, Security & Information staff are to be adhered to at all times
Any breach of code of conduct will be reported to UNE’s Student Grievance Unit, and/or college heads, and/or college resident fellows, as appropriate, and may result in suspension of utilising this service for the person in breach.